You are here
Political Studies Review
Political Studies Review (PSR) provides a unique intellectual space for rigorous high-quality peer-reviewed original research across political science and the study of politics in related fields that aims at stimulating wide-ranging debate and cutting edge discussion of current disputes and issues in the discipline within the UK and internationally.
• Impact factor: 3.241
• Lead editor: Justin Fisher - Brunel University London, UK
• Co-editors: Martin Ejnar Hansen, Steve Pickering, Katja Sarmiento-Mirwaldt - Brunel University London, UK
• Associate editors: Naveen Shaaban Abdalla, Stuart Fox, Jeffrey Karp, Manu Savani - Brunel University London, UK
• Journal manager and communications: Eliza Kania - Brunel University London, UK
Political Studies Review publishes a range of article types, including both long and short-form articles:
- Original research articles (up to 8000 words)
- Early Results (up to 3000 words)
- The Null Hypthesis (up to 6000 words)
- Symposia and New Ideas (up to 3000 words)
- Review articles (up to 5000 words)
- Commissioned book reviews (up to 800 words)
Together these provide authors will a variety of different options for publishing their work and mean that readers can access some great research in a range of different formats.
The editorial team of Political Studies Review is committed to presenting and visualizing research data to boost dissemination. We want to introduce research findings and articles published in the PSR to a broader audience.
We believe that research findings can be translated into various forms of communication (including visual and audio content) to highlight the crucial elements of each research publication.
Political Studies Review uses several forms of interactive research communication, including:
We promote topics, articles and topical political matters via our Twitter account and we have seen a significant increase in our social media impact following the appointment of a dedicated social media professional. Our average Twitter activity oscilates around 60-100k impressions per month.
This growth parallels a significant increase in publication downloads. Many articles promoted by PSR have already featured in the highest-ranked articles in PSR in terms of downloads and their ALTMETRIC scores.